Tour Code: CPI-05 Interested in this program?
Chengdu Panda Internship Program 05 ( 7 Days)
Day 1: Arrival in Chengdu
You will be met by your English-speaking guide at the Chengdu Airport or train station and be driven to downtown Chengdu. Check in your hotel and free explore Chengdu on your own.
Day 2: Panda Internship Program
Check in at Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding at about 8:30 AM. Panda internship work starts. You will receive training on how to care for pandas and the guidelines for working with them.
Following a short training, the panda internship program might include:
International Panda Internship Program Plan:
- 8:30-8:40: Check in, grouping, and deliver materials
- 8:40-10:00: Brief training, introduction to the Research Base and safety rules, and tour Research Base to learn more about giant panda and the Base (with one of our trained staff or experts)
- 10:00-10:30: Watch giant panda films
- 10:30-11:30: Visit Giant Panda Discovery Center
- 13:30-14:30: Visit the Giant Panda enclosure and experience the keeper's life.
- 14:30-15:30: Learn the method of the animal behavior data collection, and collect
- 15:30-16:00: Group photo with the Base staff, presents, and farewell
Panda Internship Work May Include:
- Feeding your panda (fresh bamboo, apple, special biscuit and/or vegetables)
- Clean panda enclosure ( to give the panda a clean and comfortable place)
- Weigh your panda's feces (This is one of the most effective ways to know the health of a panda)
- Clean bamboo (It is important to give pandas clean food)
- Clean your panda (Rinse your panda with cool water and see how much they enjoy it, but just in summer)
- Weigh fresh bamboo (It is important to know how much is offered to pandas, how much they consume, and the weight of their feces. Proper bamboo consumption is critical to the health of pandas)
- Weigh the bamboo after panda eats (To know how much they have eaten)
- Give an ice block to your panda (This helps them to stay cool in summer, and they love them!)
Day 3: Chengdu-Leshan-Mount Emei
Your English-speaking guide will meet you at your hotel in the morning. Take private car transfer to Leshan city. Vist the World Heritage Site - Leshan Giant Buddha, the biggest Budda in the world. After a Ming River cruising before the Giant Buddha, you will be driven to Mount Emei.
Leshan Giant Buddha was built during the Tang Dynasty (618-907AD). It is carved out of a cliff face that lies at the confluence of the Minjiang, Dadu and Qingyi rivers in the southern part of Sichuan province in China, near the city of Leshan. The stone sculpture faces Mount Emei, with the rivers flowing below his feet. It is the largest stone Buddha in the world and it is by far the tallest pre-modern statue in the world.
The Mount Emei Scenic Area, including Leshan Giant Buddha Scenic Area has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1996. It was not damaged by the 2008 Sichuan earthquake.
Day 4: Mount Emei - Chengdu
In the morning, you will take a bus or cable car to the top of the Emei Mountain. Visit the Goden Summit, Huazang Temple, Bailong Cave and Qingyin Pavilian. Be driven back to Chengdu city at night.
Mount Emei is one of the four Buddhist sacred mountains of China. At 3,099m, Mt. Emei is more than 1,000m higher than the other three Buddhist sacred mountains. Mt. Emei has been designated a World Heritage Site thanks to its breathtaking scenery, mysterious natural wonders, and historical Buddhist sites. The full day's hike to the summit is an unforgettable experience undertaken by many, but minibuses and cable cars make faster alternatives for travelers short on time.
Day 5: Chengdu
Today we will arrange you visit Jinli Ancient Street, Wuhou Temple and Du Fu Thatched Cottage.
Jinli Ancient Street: Being one of the oldest commercial streets in China, Jinli Ancient Street is not only a wonderful reminder China's past, but also a great place for people to fully appreciate Sichuan's customs, and folk arts. Visitors can try the indigenous foods and snacks, while shopping for the showcased handicrafts that Sichuan Province is famous for: paper-cutting, clay figurines, and Shu embroidery.
Du Fu Thatched Cottage (Du Fu Cao Tang) is located in the western outskirts of Chengdu on the bank of Huanhua Brook, where Du Fu, the great realistic poet of Tang Dynasty, stayed during his vagabond life.
Wuhou Memorial Temple is dedicated to Zhuge Liang, the Martial Marquis of Shu in the Three Kingdoms. Zhuge Liang was the personification of noble character and intelligence. Memorial temples erected in many places after his death include a famous one in Chendu.
Day 6: Chengdu-Dujiangyan
You will be transferred to Dujiangyan city in the morning. Visit the famous World Heritage Site - Dujiangyan Irragation System and Mount Qingcheng.
Dujiangyan is an irrigation infrastructure built in 256 BC during the Warring States Period of China by the Kingdom of Qin. It is located in the Min River in Sichuan province, China, near the capital Chengdu. It is still in use today to irrigate over 5,300 square kilometers of land in the region. The Dujiangyan along with the Zhengguo Canal in Shaanxi Province and the Lingqu Canal in Guangxi Province are known as "The three great hydraulic engineering projects of the Qin Dynasty".
Mount Qingcheng is a mountain in Dujiangyan, Sichuan, China. It is amongst the most important centres of Taoism (Daoism) in China. In Taoism mythology, it was the site of the Yellow Emperor's studies with Ning Fengzhi. As a centre of the Daoist religion it became host to many temples. The mountain has 36 peaks.
Day 7: Chengdu Departure
Your English speaking guide and diver will meet you at 10:00 to drive you back to Chengdu airport or train station for your next destination.
Interested in this package?