Tour Code: BPV-03 Interested in this program?
Bifengxia Panda Volunteer Program 03 ( 5 days )
Day 1: Arrival in Chengdu
You will be met by your English-speaking guide at the Chengdu Airport or train station. You will be driven to the Bifengxia Panda Base which is 150 kilometers from Chengdu. After check in to the Bifengxia Xiaoxitian Hostel,you will walk to Panda Base for registering for your volunteering work.
Day 2 - Day 4: Bifengxia Panda Base
Volunteering work starts. You will receive training on how to care for pandas and the guidelines for working with them.
Following a short training,volunteer service might include:
Assistant to the panda keepers:
- Cleaning panda areas and enclosures
- Preparing food for the pandas such as carrots, apples, panda bread and their nutritional biscuits
- Carrying lots of bamboo
- Sometimes you might be able to help collect behavioral data
- You will also have time to watch and photograph the pandas
Interpreter in the panda garden:
- Introduce the giant panda research, such as breeding and hand-rearing.
- Introduce the giant panda research cooperation with the USA, Japan, Austria, Thailand etc
- Introduce all the giant pandas, their different habit, behavior etc.
- Tell stories of the giant panda for the visiting Chinese and international tourists.
Day 5: Bifengxia-Chengdu Your English speaking guide and diver will meet you at 10:00 to drive you back to Chengdu airport or train station for your next destination.
Interested in this package?